Sunday, March 22, 2015

Lindsay McCormick’s MFA Exhibition

            Before going to this exhibition, I remembered seeing part of this series during the symposium last fall. I remember her discussing on the lapse in environment can influence flow and that these workers were claiming ownership to their new space. Seeing the whole series together was really interesting to me because what gives way to a “relaxing environment” of a break room’s atmosphere was very chaotic in most of the images that she captured. I remember just seeing one break room out of the whole series that was the tidiest of all and I think it was from an accounting firm. I liked how she had displayed her show with the titles of the pieces on a separate area and images were arranged with a number. I enjoyed this because I didn’t have any preconceived notion of on the type of break room it was and I wasn’t trying to associate each image with anything else.  I really liked comparing the break rooms with one another and I liked the display of the mini fridges, although I did not open them up.

             

No comments:

Post a Comment