Monday, March 2, 2015

Favorite Presentation

            I really enjoyed all of the presentations because we were able to learn more in depth about each artist. My favorite was Dohgyoung Ahn’s presentation on Sandy Skoglund. Seeing her work already in lecture and in previous classes I was already drawn in wanting to learn a little more about Skoglund.
         I thought Dohgyoung presented very well, she kept me intrigued and I thought she was very thorough with the information that she gave. She seemed very confident and not nervous at all.
         I was even more interested with Sandy Skoglund because of the images that Dohyoung first presented, they were of portraits that were captured in every day house items. I have never seen this body of work before and I thought it was really amazing because of the way it was done.
         I think Skoglund’s work is really remarkable with the different color pallets she choses to design her vision. I learned from these images, she believes that food ties and serves as the global language. My favorite image from this body of work would have to be Gathering Paradise because of the way this image was setup. I love how the outside of the house is all pink with the purple squirrels and then looking inside the house is the opposite of the outside.

         I am also amazed with Skoglund’s recent work, Fresh Hybrid and how this installation is built with pipe cleaners. I think of the man-hours this must have taken to plan and construct this installation and all of her works is pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment