Sunday, April 5, 2015

Changing Landscapes

       I thought the exhibit Changing Landscapes, was really interesting to say the least. The idea behind this exhibit is how the world around us is constantly changing and what is the human interaction and with these changing landscapes. The three artists that were a part of this show used a lot of mixed media in the work that was being shown. I liked all three artists, but I think my favorite series of the whole exhibit is the Road Trip by Amy Alice Thompson; I thought the way in which she used imagery from the West that was during the 1940s and 1950s was a really interesting concept. Her idea behind her work is to manipulate the space that she has created, which allows the viewer to see the west in a new way.
       Changing Landscapes has made me think about how I could incorporate mixed media into my own work. I love the concept of mixed media and I think it could be an interesting challenge that I would like to try in my work in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment